Missouri Wine Country Area Guide
Enjoy touring the nearby wineries, including Augusta Winery, Blumenhof Vineyards, Stone Hill Winery. St. Louis is less than an hour away.
Things to do
- 3.39 mile(s) from Historical Society Museum, two floors of fantastic historic exhibits telling the tale of Washington from its early beginnings; the Four Rivers Genealogical Society Library and Archives; videos, dioramas, souvenirs.
- 3.67 mile(s) from Firehouse Museum, features antique fire engines and vintage automobiles.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Gary R.Lucy Gallery, Gary Lucy artwork, professional framing, decor, china, bridal registry and more!
- 4.00 mile(s) from Corn Cob Pipe Museum, Washington, Missouri has long been known as the Corn Cob Pipe Capital of the World. And, in fact, The Missouri Meerschaum Company the world's oldest and largest manufacturer of cool, sweet-smelling corn cob pipes began the tradition for which Washington became famous. The museum is located in an 1880's building which still houses a working cob pipe factory. Today, Missouri Meerschaum stands alone as the first and only surviving piece of this living history. These gentle pipes are smoked and loved all over the world as well as being used as souvenirs, often imprinted with the name of a city, business, or event.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Augusta Winery, Centrally located in the historic town of Augusta, the winery features award-winning wines ranging from dry dinner wines to sweet dessert wines. Best Missouri Wine in 2004 and 2006.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Blumenhof Vineyards, The most -awarded, all-Missouri winery is only 5 miles north of downtown Washington. Offering a spacious Winegarden as well as cozy indoor seating.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Stone Hill Winery, Perched dramatically on a hill overlooking picturesque Hermann is Stone Hill Winery, Wine Country's premier tourist attraction. Tour cellars, taste award-winning wines, and dine in the Vintage Restaurant.
- 18.52 mile(s) from Katy Trail, For the outdoor enthusiast and nature lover, a trip to the Augusta area is a rewarding experience and offers beginning and advanced options for cycling, mountain biking, and hiking. The Katy Trail is the largest rails-to-trails bicycle trail in the country and is an easy trail to ride for beginners setting out on their first day trip. Starting just east of St. Charles, Missouri and ending in Clinton Missouri, the trail is almost 265 miles. Seasoned cyclists, cycling clubs, and outdoor adventure tours find that the Katy can challenge them all along the way, too, with higher mileage planned between stops. Small towns and bigger cities are linked by the Katy, like a highway system just for bicycles. Cycling through the cornfields of the Missouri River bottoms and along the white-faced bluffs of the Missouri River, beauty and solitude is always surrounding you as you meander down the path.
- 3.50 mile(s) from Historical Downtown, the city of Washington Missouri is located on the banks of the Missouri River, approximately fifty miles west of St. Louis. The community has a rich German heritage, being founded in 1833 by twelve German families who were called followers of Gottfried Duden who settled in the area and wrote glowing reviews of the area for readers in his homeland.
- 3.82 mile(s) from Riverbend Chapel, nestled within the woods along the banks of the Missouri River, The Vineyard at Riverbend Chapel is the #1 indoor/outdoor facility in the St. Louis area. Exchange your vows outdoors overlooking the beautiful Missouri River. Or, tie the knot inside our beautiful chapel featuring stone archways, fireplace and vaulted ceiling. Either way, your wedding day will be a treasured memory for years to come. The Vineyard at Riverbend Chapel - "The picture-perfect setting for your picture-perfect day!"
- 4.00 mile(s) from Farmers Market, vendors offer Farm-fresh Produce, Bedding Plants, Fresh Flowers, Baked Goods, Jellies & Jams, and Craft Items.
- 4.00 mile(s) from La Dolce Vita Winery, Downtown Washington Tasting Room Opened early 2002 and at new location since spring 2004. Free tasting of La Dolce Vita produced wines. Wine bar serving domestic foreign wines by the glass or bottle. International wine shop. Boutique restaurant serving lunch and appetizers.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Balducci Vineyards, Balducci Vineyards is located 3.5 miles west of Augusta, serving food Friday through Sunday. Live music every weekend
- 16.00 mile(s) from Montelle Winery, Located atop Osage Ridge, Montelle commands a magnificent view of surrounding farms and vineyards. Premium wines are available to taste and purchase. The Klondike Cafe serves lunch daily, as well as sunset dinners on Fri and Sat night. Free live music most weekends from Apr-Oct.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Six Flags® St. Louis, Amazing theme park featuring awesome rides, great shows, and incredible attractions, plus Hurricane Harbor waterpark.
- 2 mile(s) from Aroy Drive, Wal-Mart Supercenter, Hibbett Sports, Fantastic Sam's.
- 0.21 mile(s) from Phoenix Center, This popular shopping center includes Kohl's Shoe Carnival, GNC, Ulta, Marshall's, JoAnne's fabric, Dollar General, Rue 21, Maurice's, Target, Kohl's,Clarksen Eye Care, Goodwill, Verizon Wireless, Hallmark, Suppliment Superstore, Dollar Tree, Game Stop, Richert's Tire and Auto, Great Clips, and AT&T store.
- 2.2 mile(s) from Washington Crossing, Schnucks, Michaels, Altemueller Jewelry,Famous Footwear, Lowes, T&J Nails and Sally Beauty Supply.
- 2 mile(s) from Heritage Hills Center, Aldi's, Brown's Shoe,Cinco De Mayo Mexican Store, Advanced Auto Parts, and Allure Salon.
- 3 mile(s) from Washington Corners, Walgreen's, Westlake Ace Hardware, Orchlen Farm and Home, Shewin Williams, Cartridge World, Brune Jewelers.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Heidmann Industrial Park, located east of the Highway 100 and Vossbrink Drive intersection. The park is fully developed and zoned for heavy industrial usage. The fully developed park enjoys public road access and utility infrastructure to each site, proximity to rail service, highways and numerous amenities. The City of Washington has had great success with the Heidmann Industrial Park and has attracted more than 25 national and international companies.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Parker Hanifin, refrigeration valves
- 4.00 mile(s) from Valent Aerostructures, aerospace manufacturing
- 4.00 mile(s) from Frick's Quality Meats, meat processing
- 3.00 mile(s) from Mercy, healthcare
- 4.00 mile(s) from CG Power Systems, transformers
- 4.00 mile(s) from Rawlings Sporting Goods, sporting goods
- 1.24 mile(s) from N-Sports Rec Center, Incredible indoor arenas for baseball, softball, basketball, soccer, kickball, lacrosse, volleyball, football, and golf. N-Sports has it all!! Whether you are interested in joining one of the many leagues or just want to enjoy a cold beverage and tasty food, N-Sports is the total package!!
- 1.2 mile(s) from Town 'n Country Lanes, Bowling Alley
- 3 mile(s) from History Museum, The Washington Historical Society was founded in 1959, focused on preserving Washington Missouri's history.
- 4.5 mile(s) from Washington City Park, Local Park-Throughout the 222 acres you will find numerous opportunities for recreation and fun, no matter what your interests may be. Includes a olympic size swimming pool, playground areas, 13 acre lake, lighted baseball/softball fields, sand volleyball courts, soccer fields, lighted outdoor basketball court,four lighted tennis courts, walking trails, and Covered picnic pavilions. For information please call- 636-390-1080
- 4.5 mile(s) from Big Driver/Little Putter, Big Driver/Little Putter is located at 275 Grand Ave, Washington, MO. This business specializes in Golf Driving Ranges.
- 18.52 mile(s) from Katy Trail, For the outdoor enthusiast and nature lover, a trip to the Augusta area is a rewarding experience and offers beginning and advanced options for cycling, mountain biking, and hiking. The Katy Trail is the largest rails-to-trails bicycle trail in the country and is an easy trail to ride for beginners setting out on their first day trip. Starting just east of St. Charles, Missouri and ending in Clinton Missouri, the trail is almost 265 miles. Seasoned cyclists, cycling clubs, and outdoor adventur
- 10.00 mile(s) from Union
- 35.00 mile(s) from Chesterfield
- 25.00 mile(s) from Warrenton
- 50.00 mile(s) from St Louis
- 53.00 mile(s) from LambertSt. Louis International Airport